The Molecular Nanoengineering group at the Department of Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering, Aalto University is inviting applications for a motivated and talented doctoral candidate with an aptitude for interdisciplinary experimental research.
About the Research:
- The Molecular Nanoengineering group operates at the interface of nanoscience, DNA nanotechnology, molecular self-assembly and nanophotonics with particular focus on DNA-based self-assembled systems with functionalities tailored for biosensing, active plasmonics and nanomachinery.
- The group is led by Assistant Professor Anton Kuzyk.
- Candidate must hold Master’s degree and have solid background in Applied Physics, Bionanotechnology, Physical Chemistry, Material Science or Chemical Engineering.
- Previous experience in nanomicroscopy (AFM, TEM, SEM), DNA nanotechnology, colloidal synthesis and nanophotonics is an advantage.
- Candidate should have good communication skills, good analytical and experimental skills and ability to work independently toward the goals of his/her project.
- The position requires excellent written and spoken English.
Duration: 04 years
Apply online and include at least the following attachments as a single pdf document in English:
- Curriculum vitae (no size limit)
- Transcript of records (no size limit)
- Description of research skills, experience and publications (no size limit)
- Short statement of interest and motivation (max 1 page)
- Recommendation letter(s) or names and contact details of your previous supervisors
|Subject areas||Applied Physics, Bionanotechnology, Physical Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||approximately 2500€/month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|