The Department of the Built Environment at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is inviting applications for a PhD position. This position is part of a large transdisciplinary grant “Energy Transition in the Built Environment”.
About the project:
- This project studies how artificial intelligence driven online platforms can stimulate and support energy transition of individual house owners and whole neighborhoods, and help people make optimal technology choices.
- The PhD candidate will join a team of researchers and practitioners, in which TU Eindhoven collaborates with Dutch municipalities and online platform providers.
- The research will generate novel big-data-driven scientific insights into the effectiveness of smart technologies and AI in changing people’s energy-saving behavior.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Engineering, Exact/Life Sciences, Quantitative Economics/Econometrics, Data Science or equivalent.
- Applicant should be interested in (i) energy transition, (ii) understanding and modelling human economic behavior and the impact of social networks and smart technology on it, and (iii) computational modelling, artificial intelligence and work with big data.
- A strong education track-record that includes topics such as calculus, computational modelling, data science, or equivalent.
- Strong demonstrable analytical skills.
- A proven ability to write computer code and to organise data.
- Strong communication skills, including proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- Affinity for working in an interdisciplinary and highly international environment.
- Apply online and upload (in pdf format) the following documents:
- A letter of motivation (max. 2 pages),
- Copy (or a most recent draft version) of MSc thesis,
- Transcripts of academic records indicating courses taken, including grades,
- Contact details of two references (e-mail, phone number).
|Organization||Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)|
|Subject areas||Engineering, Life Sciences, Quantitative Economics, Econometrics, Data Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||20th February 2020|
- Total Jobs 12 Jobs
- Address Netherlands