PhD position is available at University of Surrey (Department of Chemical and Process Engineering) in project titled “Multi-scale modelling of dermal absorption, disposition, systemic circulation and liver metabolism of xenobiotics”. Location of the project is Guildford. It’s a Full Time position with Reference: 039216
This studentship is funded by the BBSRC Industrial CASE scheme with Unilever being the industrial sponsor.
- Applicant must have settled status in the UK (they have no restrictions on how long they can stay)
- Applicant must have been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of the studentship
- Applicant must not been residing in the UK wholly or mainly for the purpose of full-time education (not applied to UK/EU nationals).
- The studentship will last for 4 years. It will cover the tuition fee at UK/EU level, and provide a PhD stipend (£18,000/annum), as well as generous budget for training activities (workshops, conferences, etc.).
- Applicant must have a relevant degree (first or upper second) in engineering, physics, chemistry.
- Applicant must have experience in computer programming and/or mathematical modelling.
- Applicant having a Master’s degree will be in advantageous position during selection process.
- English proficiency is must for non-native speakers of English (IELTS 6.5 or above).
The application shall include:
- Cover letter (max 1 page) explaining interest and suitability for the project.
- Curriculum Vitae (max 2 pages).
- Published work such as journals and conference articles.
- Copy of academic transcripts.
- Copy of your master’s dissertation (if appropriate).
- Names and contact information of at least two referees.
- Copy of a valid IELTS certificate from the past two years (if applicable).
Applications and any enquiries should be emailed to Dr Tao Chen (email@example.com), Department of Chemical and Process Engineering, University of Surrey.
|Organization||University of Surrey|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Physics, Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||As per norms|
|Eligibility||Open for applicants from all nationalities|
|Deadline||17 July 2016|
For Further Details: Click