The Particle and Interfacial Technology group (Paint) is searching for a talented PhD student, who will work on an EU project “Strategy for the implementation of circular fertilizer value chains in rural communities”, which will kick off on January 1st, 2021
About the position:
- The selected PhD student will work on the recovery of nutrients from agricultural streams by electro dialysis (ED), including optimization of the pre-treatment, ED operational parameters, membrane fouling and characterization, and economic analysis.
- The Paint group focuses on physicochemical water treatment processes, among which membrane filtration.
- We offer a diverse research group, having both an extended academic and industrial network.
- Paint is also embedded in the Capture Consortium, focusing on resource recovery from various waste streams (https://capture-resources.be/).
- We are searching for a highly motivated candidate willing to obtain a PhD. The research will take place in an academic setting.
- The PhD student should hold a Master’s degree in Bioscience, Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, or a discipline that is declared admissible by the selection committee, or an equivalent degree.
- Prior knowledge of relevant membrane processes (electro dialysis, reverse osmosis, nanofiltration, ultrafiltration, membrane distillation, forward osmosis) is highly desired.
- Authorship/co-authorship of scientific articles indexed in Scopus is highly desired.
- Prior knowledge and/or interest in surface chemistry, polymer chemistry, modelling, or transport phenomena are a plus.
- Fluency in English is required, both for oral and written communication
How to Apply:
- Send a copy of your degree, CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include the contact details of your master thesis promoter(s) and former employers (if relevant).
- Selected candidates will be invited for an online interview and a test.
|Type of position||Doctoral|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Bioscience and Environmental Engineering|