The Laboratory of Food Biochemistry, Department of Health Science and Technology at ETH Zurich is inviting applications from outstanding, highly motivated people interested in pursuing Ph.D. research in the multidisciplinary area of (bio)chemical aspects related to healthy and sustainable foods. The lab is carrying out research in various chemical and analytical aspects of healthy and sustainable foods and food systems.
- Candidate must be highly motivated student with good skills in chemical analysis and solid understanding of food processing and food systems.
- Experience in mass spectrometry and other advanced analytical techniques is considered a benefit, in addition to the other standard analytical techniques (HPLC, GC, UV/Vis, NMR, FT-IR, measurements of physical properties).
- Expertise in food processing and technology in general is considered an advantage.
- Applicants should be motivated to adapt new techniques quickly.
- Applicant has a Master’s degree in Food Chemistry, Food Sciences, Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Applied Biochemistry, or a related subject.
- Applicant will have an interactive and highly motivated personality, excellent English language skills, the ability to carry out research in an interdisciplinary and international environment, and a strong desire to disseminate the results in conference talks and journal articles.
Apply online with the following documents:
- CV, including full list of publications
- PDF file of Master’s thesis (if the file size is too large, a link to the thesis can be added to the publication list)
- Academic transcript of studies
- One page statement on your motivation, past research experience and research interests (in English)
- Contact details of three persons (academic if possible) who may be contacted for references
|Subject areas||Food Chemistry, Food Sciences, Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Applied Biochemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|