Are you exceptionally interested in a fundamentally challenging research project? Do you like to work in an international team of young researchers? We are seeking a PhD candidate who is interested in modern molecular inorganic chemistry research to push the boundaries of transition metal and main group chemistry in the context of C-H bond fictionalization
About the position:
- Focus points in this project are the use of redox-active legends and the introduction of base metal (iron) or post-transition metal (zinc, aluminium) in order to establish next-level contributions to the field of C-H animation and beyond.
- Opportunities exist to embark on a spectroscopic investigation of a recently communicated Fe-system, in collaboration with a US-based group, as well as further elaboration of catalytic applications thereof.
- This project is highly exploratory and formulated open-ended.
- This project will be a joint doctorate project between the University of Amsterdam and Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg.
- An MSc in Chemistry with an emphasis on experimental synthetic inorganic chemistry;
- Ability to collaborate and interact in an international team;
- willingness to learn new skills and ability to convey knowledge to others;
- open to working in a bi-location setting and comfortable with remote consultation;
- interest to acquire a joint doctorate degree from both University of Amsterdam and the University of Oldenburg (Germany);
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in and/or affinity for Organometallic chemistry or homogeneous catalysis is beneficial.
How to apply:
- Do you recognize yourself in the job profile? Then we look forward to receiving your application, including a motivation letter, CV and a list of publications, by 15 September 2020.
- You may apply using the link below Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
- Jarl Ivar van der Vlugt, lead-PI on this project within the Homogeneous, Supramolecular and Bio-Inspired Catalysis Group
|Organization||University of Amsterdam|
|Type of position||Doctoral|
|Subject areas||Synthesis & Catalysis, Analytical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry and Molecular Photonics.|
|Deadline||September 15, 2020|