The Molecular Bionics group led by Dr. Giuseppe Battaglia at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for a Predoctoral researcher to study and characterise biological trafficking vesicles to identify and characterise potential active phoretic transport.
About the position:
- The Molecular Bionics Group is looking for self-motivated and ambitious candidates who have (or will have by Sept 2020) a Master level (or equivalent) degree.
- The project will be mostly experimental; candidate must complement the work with both theoretical and computational efforts.
- Candidates must be keen to work at the interface between physics and cell biology with a strong interest in out-of-equilibrium physics and active matter.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Advanced imaging techniques to track nanoparticles
- Synthetic and cell biological methodology to reconstruct/purify natural vesicles
- Theoretical and computational analysis applied to phoretic transport
- Applicant must hold degree and Master on any field on Physical Sciences or Engineering (including Physics, Biophysics, Chemical Physics/Physical Chemistry, Natural Sciences (with Physics), Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physical Engineering or Bioengineering,
- Multidisciplinary qualifications (biological physics, soft matter physics, physical biology, transport phenomena, fluid dynamics etc.).
- Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity, Commitment, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking
- High level of English
Starting date: 1st October 2020
How to apply:
Applicants should send CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Reference: PR-GB).
|Organization||Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC)|
Physical Sciences or Engineering (including Physics, Biophysics, Chemical Physics/Physical Chemistry, Natural Sciences (with Physics), Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physical Engineering or Bioengineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|