The chair of Public Economics at the Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Basel invites applications for a PhD position in Public and Environmental Economics. Starting date will be in September 2021 or upon agreement. The position is funded for 4 years with an initial contract for 1 year.
About the position:
- The candidate will have an opportunity to carry out innovative research as part of a dynamic team of Prof. Dr. Beat Hintermann.
- The main focus of the group is on empirical work, including field experiments.
- Current research areas include the effect of climate policy on firms, mobility, and electricity markets, but we are open for new project ideas. Much of our research is done in collaboration with partners in other universities in Switzerland and elsewhere.
- Applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Economics (or related disciplines) and has completed graduate-level courses in public and/or environmental economics.
- Applicant must be interested in carrying out empirical research and has a solid foundation in econometrics
- Applicant must speak and write English very well. Knowledge of German is an advantage but not required.
Apply online and applications must include the following:
- A brief description of research interests
- A transcript (MSc and BA)
- A letter of support from a previous professor
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||June 15, 2021|