- NMBU has a particular responsibility for research and education that secures the basis for the life of future generations.
- Sustainability is rooted in everything we do and we deliver knowledge for life. NMBU has 1,800 employees and 5,200 students.
- The university is divided into seven faculties and has campuses in Ås and Oslo.
- We will be co-located in Ås from 2021.
- NMBU believes that a good working environment is characterised by diversity.
About the position:
- The Faculty of Science and Technology at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has a vacant three year PhD–position related to renewable energy, catalysis and data mining.
- The candidate will be joining the reactor engineering and catalysis group, which is currently working on renewable energy, catalysis, valorisation of waste, data mining, big data and modelling.
- The candidate will work on the transformation of fish waste oil into biofuel and biochemicals via a catalytic pathway.
- We encourage candidates to read the description of the project (separate file) for a better and in-depth knowledge of the work related to this position.
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, physical chemistry, physics, data science, or a closely related field.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
How to apply:
- Applications should include (electronically) a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, full publication list, copies of degree certificates and transcripts of academic records (all certified), and a list of two persons who may act as references (with phone numbers and e-mail addresses).
- Publications should be included electronically within the application deadline. The relevant NMBU Department may require further documentation, e.g. proof of English proficiency.
- Printed material which cannot be sent electronically should be sent by surface mail to the Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 5003, NO-1432 Ås, within 21.09.2020. Please quote reference number 20/03309
- If it is difficult to judge the applicant’s contribution for publications with multiple authors, a short description of the applicant’s contribution must be include
|Type of position||doctoral|
|Subject areas||chemical engineering, chemistry, physical chemistry, physics, data science|
|Deadline||September 21 ,2020|
- Total Jobs 13 Jobs
- Address Norway