The Mathematical Institute at Utrecht University invites applications for a doctoral student. The position is fully funded for 4 years, with a preferable start by the end of 2020.
About the position:
- You will conduct research under the daily supervision of Dr Ivan Kryven in spectral properties of several models of random graphs and use these results to develop analytical methods and algorithms for analysis of stability and long-time behaviour of random dynamical systems.
- You will also be encouraged to engage in activities at the Centre for Complex Systems Studies wherein your results will be applied to improve predictive power of existing ecological and Earth-system models.
- completed a Master’s degree in mathematics or a related discipline by the time the position starts.
- A strong background in discrete mathematics or probability theory is advantageous, but mathematical maturity and motivation are more important;
- A positive attitude towards disseminating their results in applied fields, namely in ecology and climate science.
How to apply:
- Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives.
- If you have the expertise and the experience to excel in this role, then simply go to
- https://www.uu.nl/en/organisation/working-at-utrecht-university/jobs/phd-position-in-spectral-analys…and respond via the “Apply now” button!
|Type of position||doctoral|
|Subject areas||mathematics , Physics|