The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, Psychology Department at University of Amsterdam (UvA) in Computational modelling of psychological and social dynamics in urban mental health conditions: the case of addictive substance use.
About the project:
- The goal of this project is to integrate the psychological and social levels of explanation in an encompassing computational modeling framework.
- This modeling framework will be applied to study the interplay of substance use and mental health, and will provide a toolbox applicable to study other common mental health conditions throughout the Urban Mental Health (UMH) research priority area.
- Applicant must hold a strong affinity to both psychological research and computational modeling and a multidisciplinary and collaborative mindset;
- Applicant must demonstrate a strong motivation for pursuing a PhD, also demonstrated with a high GPA during the master’s study;
- Applicant must possess proficiency in programming in at least R and/or Python;
- Applicant must have familiarity with (social and psychological) network modeling, agent-based modeling, simulation studies and differential equations.
Apply online and provide the following documents:
- A resume;
- A 1-page motivation letter describing why you wish to pursue this project and how candidate see itself fitting into the project description.
|Organization||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
|Subject areas||Psychology, Social Science|
|Fellowship amount||€2,325 to €2,972 gross per month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||24 November 2019|