The Faculty of Medicine, Department of experimental medical science at Lund University offers a PhD position in PhD position in INTUITIVE (Sensorimotor Systems of the brain).
About the position:
- The task will be to explore the representation of the haptic information in neocortex. The analysis will be made with in vivo whole cell patch clamp recordings from neocortical neurons and computational modelling of population level neuronal representations in the brain in vivo.
- Objective: To explore the representation of the haptic input features in the neocortical neurons in vivo. The analysis will be made with in vivo whole cell patch clamp recordings in anesthetized animals and modelling of population level representations in the brain in vivo.
- Expected Results: An understanding of the haptic input features representation in neocortical neurons and in integrated brain circuitry. An understanding of brain haptic input feature representations at a level that can be used to generate bases for the design of new solutions for haptic interfaces.
- Previous analysis of integrated sensorimotor systems of the brain or experience/knowledge of simulations using neural or neuronal networks on master level.
- Applicant should not have resided in Sweden for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediatly before the recruitment date (and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies etc,) in Sweden.
- Applicant should be at the date of recruitment- an early stage researcher ( i.e. in the first four years of his/her research career and not have a doctoral degree).
- Previous experience of in vivo neurophysiological studies of individual neurons or in-depth analysis of data generated in such studies.
- The applicant is expected to spend approximately 10 weeks abroad (Paris and Glasgow) during the period of the employment.
Start date: August 2020 or according to agreement.
How to apply:
- Apply online
|Subject areas||Medical Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|