The Faculty of Science and Institute of Biology at Leiden University is inviting applications for a PhD student in Molecular Biotechnology.
- Developing advanced genetic and cytological techniques to investigate the molecular mechanisms allowing pathogenic mycobacteria to shed their cell wall;
- Studying the physiology of wall-deficient cells in pathogenic mycobacteria;
- Investigating structural changes in the cell wall organization of pathogenic mycobacteria during infection.
- Applicant must hold M.Sc. degree with specialization in molecular (micro)biology with an excellent grade list
- Proficient in spoken and written English and excellent communication skills;
- A team player, but also able to work independently;
- Applicant must be able to take initiative and have a strong interest in academic research and education;
- Applicant preferably must have experience in working with Mycobacterium.
Duration: 01 year with an extension of three years
Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Motivation letter
- Names and phone numbers of two referees
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||28 July 2019|