Applications are now invited for an Early Stage Researcher (PhD student) position, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, Institute of Public Health and Clinical Nutrition, Kuopio Campus.
- The Early Stage Researcher position is focused on metabolomics data-analysis.The work will encompass development, implementation and application of data-analytical pipeline for non-targeted metabolite profiling including data collection, pre-processing, statistical analysis, visualization, compound identification and data interpretation as well as integration of the metabolomics data with other analytical results depending on the study setup.
- Prior knowledge of R-programming language is required. The main focus of the applied projects will be on studies with food and nutrition research.
- The analyses are carried out at UEF LC-MS Metabolomics Center (https://www2.uef.fi/fi/bck/metabolomics-center) and UEF Bioinformatics Center (http://www2.uef.fi/fi/bioinformatics/bioinformatics-center). A suitable candidate would likely hold master’s degree in bioinformatics/chemometrics/statistics/computer science, and have strong interest in biological sciences.
The PhD project will be supervised by Dr. Kati Hanhineva (Department of Clinical Nutrition, LC-MS Metabolomics Center) and Dr. Jussi Paananen (Institute of Biomedicine, UEF Bioinformatics Center).
A person to be appointed as an early stage researcher shall be qualified to pursue postgraduate studies, i.e. he or she is required to have completed a suitable higher university degree. Positions of early stage researchers shall always be filled for a fixed term (UEF Administrative Regulations, Section 30).
The language requirements associated with the position are defined in the Government Decree 770/2009. Members of the university’s teaching and research staff are required to have command of the language they give teaching in (Finnish or Swedish). The Dean of the faculty may grant an exemption from the language proficiency requirements laid down in the Government Decree.
The position will first be filled for a fixed term from 2.5.2016 to 31.12.2016. The continuation of the position will be agreed separately.
The salary of the position is on levels 2-4 of the job requirement level chart for teaching and research staff (€1,985.85 – 2,475.31/ month). In addition to the job requirement component, the salary includes a personal performance component, which may be a maximum of 46.3% of the job requirement component.
For further information on the position, please contact: Dr. Kati Hanhineva, firstname.lastname@example.org Dr. Jussi Paananen, email@example.com.
For further information on the application procedure, please contact Maarit Närhi,firstname.lastname@example.org., tel. +358 50 3609 123.
A probationary period is applied to all new members of the staff.
The electronic application should contain the following appendices:
- a résumé or CV (http://www.tenk.fi/en/template-researchers-curriculum-vitae)
- a list of publications (http://www.aka.fi/en/funding/how-to-apply/appendices
– copies of the applicant’s academic degree certificates/ diplomas, and copies of certificates / diplomas relating to the applicant’s language proficiency, if not indicated in the academic degree certificates/diplomas
– motivation letter
The application needs to be submitted no later than 29.2.2016 (by 24.00 hours Finnish time)by using the electronic application form.