The Department of Bioscience Engineering at the University of Antwerp has an open position for a PhD student in the field of photo-electrochemical DNA based sensors. The position is available in AXES research group. A doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further.
About the position:
- The overall goal of this PhD will be the development of novel photo-electrochemical biosensors that will pave the way to the construction of affordable, robust, user-friendly and portable platforms for healthcare applications.
- This PhD will contribute to the efforts of getting insight into a yet unexplored biosensing strategy.
- Applicant must hold a master’s degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Bioscience or Applied Engineering. Students in the final year of their degree can also apply.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a creative and analytical mind.
- Applicant must possess English language (both oral and written).
Apply online and complete the online application form and include the following attachments:
- A detailed CV (including honours, grades, skills, publications)
- Contact info of two references together
- A strong motivation letter
- A web link to a short video with candidate’s introduction.
|Organization||University of Antwerp|
Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Bioscience, Applied Engineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April 15th, 2021|