The Center of Radiopharmaceutical Sciences in the Pharmacology Group at Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) is inviting applications for a PhD Student in Development of ovarian cancer stem cell-directed radioimmunotherapy using Auger-electron and alpha-particle emitters.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyse if there are more CSC populations in ovarian cancer that express L1CAM.
- Analyse which CSC populations are abundant in patient-derived tumours and ascites
- Analyse the mechanisms that lead to the radioresistance by L1CAM expression in CSCs
- The final goal is to development an antibody-based targeted therapy of CSCs
- The candidate can expect a full-time position in a highly motivated, research group that offers an excellent research environment.
- The work place is located at the Paul Scherrer Institut and the Department of Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel.
- Candidate must hold Master’s degree (or close to completion) in Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Life Sciences or an equivalent field
- Proficient oral and written English skills are expected
- A background in cell biology, molecular biology and animal experimentation is beneficial
Apply online including addresses of referees for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 2222-00).
|Organization||Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI)|
|Subject areas||Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 April 2020|