The Department of Health Sciences and Technology (D-HEST), Laboratory of Regenerative and Movement Biology at ETH Zurich invites applications for a PhD position in stem cell biology.
About the Project:
- The primary scientific interest and direction of the lab is to study the regenerative and therapeutic potential of stem cells, with emphasis on pluripotent and skeletal muscle cells.
- Specifically, the group is dedicated to developing stem cell-based therapeutic approaches to treat muscle-associated diseases.
- The goal of the proposed research project is to assess which of the myogenic regulatory transcription factors besides MyoD could elicit direct cellular conversion of mouse fibroblasts into induced myogenic stem cells, and further characterize the induced cells molecularly and functionally.
- The work will involve extensive use of cellular reprogramming methods, intramuscular stem cell transplantation and tissue culture techniques.
- Applicants should have a master’s degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or an equivalent research related field in addition to a strong background in molecular biology assays.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques, gene delivery by retro or lenti-viruses, PCR, qPCR, immunostaining, Western blot and FACS analysis would be advantageous.
- Experience in stem cell or skeletal muscle biology is preferred, however not essential.
- Prospective candidates will be part of an international research team and expected to be highly motivated, passionate about science, and collaborative.
Apply online with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names of at least two references
|Subject areas||Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Biochemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||From January 31st 2020 until the position is filled.|