The International Max Planck Research School on Advanced Photon Science (IMPRS-APS) is opening new PhD positions in summer/fall 2020.
About the research and positions:
- The members of IMPRS-APS pursue forefront research on advancing the light sources and to employ them for gaining deeper insight into the microscopic structure and dynamics of matter.
- IMPRS-APS offers young researchers a unique combination of education and training opportunities in the physics and technology of photon sources and their advanced application in physics, chemistry, biology and medicine.
- The IMPRS-APS program offers a structured framework within which the students are not only supported in performing excellent research, but also in their education in the field of photonics and related subjects (such as quantum optics, high-field physics, laser physics, strong-field, attosecond physics and medical physics).
- The program also includes interdisciplinary training (soft skills), contact with industry and is embedded in an international and interdisciplinary environment with many opportunities for exchange.
- All PhD positions are funded and there are no tuition fees.
- Applicants must have a Master’s degree (or equivalent) before May 2020.
- Apply online
|Organization||International Max Planck Research School for Advanced Photon Science|
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Fellowship amount||Funded positions|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||March 31st, 2020|