The Department of Engineering and Information Technology at Bern University of Applied Sciences is inviting applications for a PhD / Postdoc in Industrial Analytics and Transfer learning.
Role and responsibilities:
- Developing machine learning approaches for sensor-driven fault detection and predictive maintenance in operative wind farms across Europe
- Combining high frequency drive train data sources for transfer learning applications
- Publishing results in high-profile journals and supporting the technology transfer to an industry Partner
- Evaluating the application performance across multiple wind farms
- For PhD position, applicant must hold MSc in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or a related area
- Strong analytical and machine learning skills; experience in transfer learning and domain adaptation; excellent programming skills ideally in Python and R
- Highly motivated, self-driven and proactive; fluent in English
- Expertise or interest in a relevant research area, please include a statement of research interests (one page) and contact details of two Referees
- For postdoctoral researcher, candidate should hold a PhD in a relevant field and send us the one of the publications that is most relevant to this position.
How to apply:
|Organization||Bern University of Applied Sciences|
|Fellowship Level||Doctoral / Postdoctoral|
Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics