A PhD/Postdoc Position is available in European project on geothermal fluids, the Institue of Geochemistry and Petrology at ETH Zurich. A junior researcher to perform studies on the thermodynamics of fluid-rock interaction in “supercritical” geothermal resources, such as those encountered in the Iceland Deep Drilling Project, IDDP.
About the position:
- As the key work to be performed, the candidate is expected to develop a passion for collecting and critically assessing data sets from the literature and complementary experimental and simulation work performed by other groups of the project, to identify systematic trends and to cast them into coherent equations.
- Depending on the candidate’s background the exact direction of this approach may be more geoscience- or more physical chemistry-oriented.
- The position is primarily targeted as a PhD study but in case of an exceptionally qualified candidate we may consider hiring on a junior postdoc level. Funding is available for three years with a likely extension for a fourth year.
- Applicant must be highly motivated candidate (f/m) with a strong interest in quantitative modelling of mineral-fluid equilibria.
- Applicant must hold M.Sc. degree in Geochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry or a related discipline.
- Candidate is expected to be self-driven and motivated interaction with the partner groups in Iceland, France, Germany, Norway, and Great Britain.
Apply online with the following documents:
- Academic record
- Motivation letter that makes explicit reference to the scientific problem described.
|Subject areas||Geochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|