The Department of Dutch, Faculty of Linguistics and Cultural Studies at University of Oldenburg is inviting applications for PhD student or Postdoc Research Associate in the field of Psycholinguistics.
Duration: 1st April 2020 until 31st of March 2023
- Candidates are expected to have an academic university degree in the field of (psycho)- Linguistics, Psychology (with a specialization in speech/language processing), or a related discipline.
- Applicant must have shown their ability to perform excellent scientific work, usually demonstrated by the outstanding quality of their Master’s thesis (for PhD-student candidates) or Doctorate/PhD research and a good publication record (for postdoctoral candidates).
- Experience in statistical analysis as well as knowledge in at least one of the following methods/areas: language acquisition, online sentence processing, reaction time studies, eye tracking, ERP would be advantageous.
- Matlab skills, and/or experience with E-prime will be helpful, as well as working knowledge of German.
- Willingness and ability to integrate methods, concepts and issues of the ‘other’ discipline into theories, concepts and methods current in one’s own are required for successful work in this project.
Application to be sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Cover letter
- List of potential referees
- Links to recent publications
- Copies of certificates for academic grades
- Indicate clearly in letter whether applying for the PhD OR for the postdoctoral position.
|Organization||University of Oldenburg|
|Subject areas||Linguistics, Psychology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||February 9th 2020|