The Department of Economics at University of Oslo (UiO) has 2 PhD Research Fellow positions (SKO 1017) for the PhD programme. The appointments are for a period of 4 years with 25% teaching duties. PhD Research Fellows will automatically be admitted to the Faculty of Social Sciences’ PhD programme and benefit from the Faculty’s organized research training.
- Candidate must hold a 2-year Master’s degree (including master’s dissertation) or an equivalent qualification in economics. Candidates completing their Master’s degrees (or equivalent) in the spring semester 2021 before August 1, 2021.
- Candidates who have already completed economics courses at the postgraduate level in econometrics, microeconomics and/or macroeconomics will have a distinct advantage in the ranking of candidates, but strong candidates who lack this background can also be accepted, and will be required to take such courses as part of the PhD programme.
- Candidates with a degree from another institution than the University of Oslo will need to document qualifications based on detailed course descriptions and syllabuses.
- Candidate who have completed a PhD program in Economics, will not be accepted.
- GRE test: For candidates with education from an institution outside the European Economic Area/the European Union or Switzerland a recent score from the general GRE test is required as part of the documentation of qualifications.
- Proof of proficiency in English: A good command of English is required of all applicants. International students must document their proficiency in English by taking either TOEFL- or IELTS-test.
Apply online and the application must include:
- Application letter
- Project proposal of 5-10 pages
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work)
- Copies of (both) transcripts and diplomas, and letters of recommendation (if any) List of relevant publications and other academic work
- Research papers, including master’s dissertation. Where research work is co-authored, the contribution of the candidate should be indicated
- Letters of recommendation may be included in the application but are not required
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1st February 2021|