The Faculty of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science (KBM) at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has vacant a 3-year PhD position within Bioprocess Technology.
About the position:
- The position is part of Bio4Fuels, a national center of excellence focusing on research on biofuels and value-added products from lignocellulosic biomass.
- Bio4Fuels is funded by the Research Council of Norway’s scheme for Centers for Environmentally-friendly Energy Research (FME).
- Main task includes:
- Pretreatment of lignocellulosic biomass
- Enzymatic saccharification
- Combined enzymatic- and fermentation processes
- Various carbohydrate analyses
- Cooperation with other research groups in Bio4Fuels
- Write scientific publications
- Applicant must have an academically relevant education corresponding to a five-year Norwegian degree programme, where 120 credits are at master’s degree level.
- The applicant must have a documented strong academic background from previous studies and be able to document proficiency in both written and oral English.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Biotechnology or similar
- Training and research experience in enzymology
- Experience in biomass processing, preferably lingo-cellulosic materials; knowledge about fermenters and fermentation processes
- Experience with redox enzymes; relevant analytical competence
- Knowledge of a Scandinavian language
Apply online and fill in the required personal information and the application letter. Upload complete CV as a pdf file along with an application letter, degree certificates and transcripts of academic records.
|Organization||Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
- Total Jobs 39 Jobs
- Address Norway