PhD Scholarship in Economics of Science: KU Leuven
Reference Number: (Ref. BAP-2021-170)
The department of Management, Strategy and Innovation (MSI) of the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) is a multidisciplinary research group bundling expertise in the areas of Strategy, Industrial Organization, Political Economy, International Business, Management and Entrepreneurship.
The department of Managerial Economics, Strategy and Innovation (KU Leuven) has a vacancy for one full-time PhD scholarship starting in September 2021, for a period of 4 years.
The researcher to be hired will work in the field of the economics of science and innovation under the supervision of a team consisting of Prof. Stijn Kelchtermans (MSI), Prof. Cindy Lopes Bento (MSI), Prof. Arvids Ziedonis (MSI), prof. Sandra Rousseau (CEDON) and prof. Nick Deschacht (ECON). The research project should lead to a PhD degree in Business Economics.
- Project will analyze the composition of scientific teams and the relation with funding success, productivity and the career progress of their members.
- Emphasis lies on quantitative methods (econometric analysis) guided by theory development.
- Data analysis.
- Candidate is expected to have excellent hands-on data skills or is willing to invest in such skills (in particular in Stata).
Candidates are expected to participate in seminars and conferences, be internationally mobile and to enroll in PhD program in Business Economics.
The candidate can be asked to give guidance to Bachelor and Master students, to be involved in teaching activities and to supervise exams.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Candidates should have a strong interest in quantitative research (applied econometrics)
- Preferably hold a Master’s degree in Business Engineering (Handelsingenieur) or (Business) Economics. Graduation with honors in preliminary studies is a requirement for entry into the PhD program
- Appropriate command of written and spoken English (TOEFL: a minimum score of 575 paper-based, 233 computer-based, 90 internet-based, or IELTS: a minimum score of 7).
- Experience with data handling and programming/scripting (Stata, R, Python…) is an asset.
- Employment as full-time doctoral scholar for 1 year, renewable up to a maximum of 4 years after positive evaluation.
- Starting date is September 20, 2021.
Applications are to be made online.
You can apply for this job no later than June 30, 2021
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
|Fellowship||According to University norms|
|Eligibility||Master’s Degree in any one of the field|
|Deadline||June 30, 2021|