The department of Management, Strategy and Innovation (MSI) of the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) at KU Leuven has a vacancy for one full-time PhD scholarship starting in September 2021, for a period of 4 years.
About the project & position:
- The researcher to be hired will work in the field of the economics of science and innovation under the supervision of a team consisting of Prof. Stijn Kelchtermans (MSI), Prof. Cindy Lopes Bento (MSI), Prof. Arvids Ziedonis (MSI), prof. Sandra Rousseau (CEDON) and prof. Nick Deschacht (ECON).
- The project will analyze the composition of scientific teams and the relation with funding success, productivity and the career progress of their members.
- Methodologically, the emphasis lies on quantitative methods (econometric analysis) guided by theory development.
- A large database has been collected for the project but needs to be cleaned for analysis. It follows that the candidate is expected to have excellent hands-on data skills or is willing to invest in such skills (in particular in Stata).
- Candidates should have a strong interest in quantitative research (applied econometrics) and preferably hold a Master’s degree in Business Engineering (Handelsingenieur) or (Business) Economics.
- Graduation with honors in preliminary studies is a requirement for entry into the PhD program, as well as an appropriate command of written and spoken English (TOEFL: a minimum score of 575 paper-based, 233 computer-based, 90 internet-based, or IELTS: a minimum score of 7).
- Experience with data handling and programming/scripting (Stata, R, Python…) is an asset.
- Apply online and upload the following:
- Proof of proficiency (in English)
- Letter of motivation
- Transcripts of degrees
- Piece of own research, e.g. an assignment paper or (part of) your Master’s thesis.
|Subject areas||Business Engineering, Business, Economics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April 30, 2021|