The Department of International Environment and Development Studies, Faculty of Landscape and Society at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has a vacant 3-year PhD–position related to The Politics of Renewable Energy Development.
- An academically relevant education corresponding to a five-year Norwegian degree programme, where 120 credits are at master’s degree level. GPA of minimum B and minimum a B for the thesis.
- Documented proficiency in both written and oral English (IELTS 7.0 or equivalent) and documented experience with the use of qualitative methods
- Relevant academic fields include (but are not limited to) Social Anthropology, Human Geography, Comparative Politics, Science and Technology Studies, Environmental Studies, International Development Studies.
- Research experience, or practical work experience, with regards to energy development
- Ability to work in an inter-disciplinary research environment
- Experience with Visual Methods
Apply online and applications should include the following:
- Letter of intent
- Research proposal: The proposal should specify the research problem, relevant theory, methods, and a list of references. A work plan or progress plan should not be included. The maximum word count is 1500 (excluding references).
- List of publications (if any)
- Electronic copy of Master’s thesis (if available)
- Certified copies of relevant transcripts and diploma’s
- Documentation of English proficiency
- Names and contact details for two references.
|Organization||Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)|
Social Anthropology, Human Geography, Comparative Politics, Science and Technology Studies, Environmental Studies, International Development Studies
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|