The Department of Green Chemistry and Technology at Ghent University is inviting applications for a full-time PhD position within the Research Group Sustainable Systems Engineering (STEN) of the Department of Green Chemistry and Technology. The PhD student will be appointed in a fellowship position on the project “Sustainable Marine Ecosystem Services (SUMES)”.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- The tasks will mainly focus on the selection and quantification of life cycle indicators and the link (aggregation) with indicators from risk analysis and ecosystem services, and this for certain case studies, selected in consultation with the companies in the user board group (e.g. DEME, Colruyt, Flemish Fish Auction).
- Candidates are expected to have an engineering background and/or affinity with sustainability analysis methods such as life cycle analysis.
- Candidate must have critical, analytical and has a sense of initiative.
- Affinity with the marine environment is a plus.
- Applicant must hold a master’s degree in bioscience engineering, or equivalent.
- Applicant must be interested in scientific research in order to obtain a doctoral degree.
- Applicant must have good writing and presentation skills.
- Applicant must have a very good oral and written knowledge of academic Dutch and English.
- Applicant must have experience in carrying out quantitative and/or qualitative research and in collecting data independently.
How to apply
Application to be sent via an email to: Prof. Dr. ir. Jo Dewulf (Jo.Dewulf@Ugent.be) AND Dr. ir. Sue Ellen Taelman (SueEllen.Taelman@ugent.be). The subject of the mail should contain the following title: ‘Application SUMES’. The following documents must be attached:
- Letter of motivation
- A copy of the highest degree
- A summary of the results of the studies.
|Subject areas||Bioscience Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||July 31, 2020|