The Signal Processing Division and the Collaborative Research Centre Hearing Acoustics at the Department of Medical Physics and Acoustics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at University of Oldenburg are seeking to fill the position of a Research Scientist (PhD Student) in Acoustical Signal Processing. The position is available from 01.07.2021 for 3 years, with salary according to TV-L E13 (75 %).
About the position:
- Carry out applied research on acoustical signal processing, involving algorithm design, implementation, and experimental validation
- Write scientific papers for international conferences and journals
- Actively participate in the research meetings and seminars at the Department of Medical Physics and Acoustics
- Candidates are required to have an academic university degree (Master or equivalent) in electrical engineering, engineering physics, hearing technology and audiology or a related discipline, excellent grades and a solid scientific background in at least two of the following fields: speech and audio signal processing, acoustics, machine learning.
- Familiarity with scientific tools and programming languages (e.g., Matlab, python) as well as excellent English language skills (both oral and written) are required.
- For the envisaged research project experience with multi-microphone localization algorithms and mathematical optimization methods is beneficial.
Apply for this position by sending application (ref. SP212) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Letter of motivation with a statement of skills and research interests (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of the university diplomas and transcripts
|Organization||University of Oldenburg|
Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Hearing Technology
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|