The Department of Cultural Anthropology and Ethnology at Uppsala University is offering a PhD position in Ethology.
- Education at PhD level has duration of four years, financed with employment as PhD candidate.
- PhD candidates are expected to conduct their education at the research level by working full time and by participating actively in the activities of the department and the graduate school in sustainable development.
- Obligatory administrative and teaching duties at the department may not exceed 20% of full-time.
- The specific project in this call mainly relates to the broader ethnological research areas of narrativity, cultural heritage and sustainability.
- With Gotland as a starting point, the relation between sustainability, islands, tourism and cultural heritage is focused through the concrete, local contexts in which discourses are articulated, negotiated and fixed.
- Postgraduate education in Ethnology is regulated by the general study plan.
- The ability to express oneself in both written and spoken Swedish and English is considered important.
- The PhD studies correspond to four years’ full-time study (comprises 240 higher education credits) and lead to the PhD degree.
- The curriculum is based coursework, seminar participation, fieldwork and thesis writing. Its purpose is to stimulate the doctoral student towards a scholarly approach that involves conducting scholarly reasoning in texts as well as in joint discussions, formulating critical questions, identifying and applying methods and theories for dealing with problems and developing the individual dissertation topic.
Starting date: 11-01-2021 or as otherwise agreed.
How to apply:
|Subject areas||Anthropology, Ethology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 September 2020|