The Division of Molecular and Systems Toxicology, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Basel is offering a PhD student position to investigate xenobiotics potentially causing mineralocorticoid excess and hypertension.
About the position:
- The proposed project will extend ongoing work on the cortisol-inactivating enzyme 11β-HSD2. An existing enzyme activity assay needs to be improved to allow higher throughput in analysing potential inhibitors.
- The project aims to establish in our group bioassays for three enzymes involved in corticosteroid synthesis (CYP11B1, CYP11B2, CYP17A1), in order to cover the most important targets for mineralocorticoid excess.
- The successful candidate should have basic experience in working with cell culture and in biochemistry/molecular biology methods.
- The successful candidate will be integrated in an international research group.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in the field of Life Sciences
- Basic experience in biochemistry/molecular biology methods
- Basic experience in cell culture
- Fluent communication in English, written and oral, ideally good knowledge in German
- Highly motivated, interactive team player
Apply online and application should include CV, a short motivation letter, copies of degrees and qualifications and the names/contact data of at least two referees.
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Subject areas||Life Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||August 15, 2020|