The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences, Space Physics and Space Weather at department of Geophysics is looking for a PhD Student (f/m/x) in Space Physics.
- develop scientific codes
- maintain data and code repositories
- develop visualizations for the website
- develop various programming tools for scientific codes and data analysis
- develop machine learning based empirical models
- document and test existing codes
- adopt scientific codes for different scientific problems
- conduct scientific research in the field of space physics
- write manuscripts that will be published in peer-reviewed journals
- Applicant must hold Master’s in Physics, Computer Sciences, Mathematics or related natural sciences.
- Applicant must have several years of working experience with IT programming or scientific programming.
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning concepts; Unix, Mac, and Windows operating systems and advanced knowledge of programming languages, such as C++, Python, Matlab, IDL, Fortran would be advantageous.
- Experience in developing numerical codes, maintaining Unix workstations, machine learning may be a plus.
- Applicant must possess ability to work with large data sets, work within a team and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Apply online and include the following documents:
- Statement of technical skills (IT skills, operating systems, list of developed codes) including the years of experience or level of proficiency (basic/ intermediate/ expert)
- Cover letter
- Certificates/transcripts of all degrees.
|Organization||Helmholtz Centre Potsdam|
|Subject areas||Natural Science, Physics, Computer Sciences, Mathematics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th March 2021|