University of Luxembourg and the Doctoral Training Unit on Enforcement in Multi-level Regulatory Systems (DTU REMS) is inviting applications for 6 funded PhD positions in Law and Political Sciences. Reference number is R-AGR-3047-10 (to be mentioned in all correspondence).
Duration: Fixed- term; initial contract- 14 months; extendable to 36 months
About the project:
- The PhD candidate will carry out research under the supervision of a professor with the aim of studying towards a PhD in Law or a PhD in Political Sciences.
- The PhD candidate will publish research results and present them at conferences, workshops, etc.
- Candidate shall contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours/week, of small group teachings and tutorials.
- Candidate must have Master’s degree in Law or in Political Sciences.
- Candidate must have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment.
- Candidate’s fluency in either English or French must be good; understanding of the second language and possibly a third language, German in particular, will be considered an advantage.
- Candidate must have strong interest in interdisciplinary research.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and team working skills are required.
- Completed online application
- Copies of university degrees; transcripts and official details of class rank
- Research proposal linked to one of the topics of the call (3-5 pages long, containing an explanation of the topic and why the candidate considers it to be important; a description of the applicant’s preparatory work on the topic; the specific aim of the research proposal; relevant interfaces with other fields of study; methodology; study schedule; timeline for completion)
- Recommendation Letters (02) by professors familiar with the candidate’s academic legal training commenting on the applicant’s ability to conduct academic research.
- Proof of language proficiency in English and/or French (if those languages are not the mother tongue of the applicant).
|Organization||University of Luxembourg|
|Subject areas||Law, Political Science|
|Deadline||30 August 2016|
For Further Details: Click