Post Career Break Fellowship Programme
CERN has launched a program to offer full-time or part-time Fellowships to science and engineering graduates looking for a way back into science. This is an outstanding chance for you to update your knowledge and skills working for up to three years in an international environment at the forefront of research.
In order to qualify for a place on the program you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You have been on a career break for personal reasons (for example for family or caring responsibilities, health issues) for at least two years. Please note that periods of unemployment or a change in field from your studies or in the direction of your career are not considered a “career break” within the spirit of our program.
- The candidate should have either a “Senior Fellow” profile, with a MSc level diploma or PhD and between 4 and 10 years’ relevant experience after completion of your MSc. If you are applying in the fields of experimental or theoretical physics, you must hold a PhD (or be about to finish your thesis).
Alternatively, candidate should have a “Junior Fellow” profile, with a BSc or technical engineer diploma and no more than four years’ relevant experience, and you are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State.
- Please note that candidates who are registered as CERN Users may be asked to justify how their status relates to their application.
- CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract for between 6 months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 5,185 to 7,994 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
You will need the following documents (in PDF format) to complete your application:
- A CV.
- A letter covering your experience and career break and how your research interests and skills relate to CERN’s diverse activities.
- Your most recent relevant qualification.
- Two letters of recommendation giving an overview of your most relevant academic and/or professional achievements.
Deadline: September and March Yearly (12.00 PM CET)
|Subject areas||Science, Engineering, Physics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||September and March Yearly|
- Name of Organisation Field Value
- Total Jobs 25 Jobs
- Address Switzerland