At the Department of Developmental Bioengineering at the University of Twenty, a vacancy exists for a postdoc
About the position:
- This vacancy is funded by a recently awarded grant by the European Fund for Regional Development (EFRO) and is available immediately.
- In this project you will develop novel microparticles for the expansion and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
- This novel approach uses state-of-the-art microtechnologies including advanced microfluidics to create a commercially viable biomaterial-based solution for the expansion and differentiation of iPSCs.
- University of Twente’s Technical Medical Centre is widely recognized for its excellence in development of new biomedical solutions and advanced biomanufacturing technologies.
- Our Department, has a strong history in the development of advanced biomaterials for the minimally invasive treatment of various diseases.
- You hold a PhD degree that was based on Biomaterial Science, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or an equivalent field of research; A background in microfluidic technology or micromaterials is valued, but not essential.
- You have excellent analytical skills and an innate ability for solution oriented problem solving;
- You have a strong interest in cell-biomaterial interaction, biomaterial modification, clinical translation, and microfluidic micromaterials;
- You have experience in investigating and synthesizing polymers, analyzing biomaterials, and studying cell-material interactions. Experience in microfluidic devices, micromaterials, and stem cell culture will be considered as a boon;
How to Apply:
- Potential applicants are encouraged to apply through the application button at the bottom of this page.
- Your applications ideally consist of the following documents:
- A motivation letter describing why you want to apply for this position.
- Description of your research interests.
- A detailed CV including a list of your publications
For inquiries about this position and our offer you can contact Dr. Jeroen Leijten ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Organization||University of Twente|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Biomaterial Science, Chemical and Biomedical Engineering|