The Cancer Research UK Formulation Unit is a unique, internationally renowned and MHRA c GMP licensed facility for the pharmaceutical development of novel anti-cancer agents for initial clinical trial in man. A senior vacancy has arisen for an experienced analyst to lead and manage the pharmaceutical quality control and development laboratory within the Unit covering analytical method development and active, excipient and finished product analysis to c GMP.
In addition, the post holder will be required to participate in a management role including internal and external planning and liaison functions and contribute to the quality and research agenda within the Formulation Unit and Institute. A PhD qualification in an appropriate discipline along with experience of pharmaceutical analysis and method development within a c GMP setting and staff management is essential. Eligibility for registration as a Qualified Person, with the MHRA is desirable
About the position:
- To provide and manage at a senior level all aspects of pharmaceutical quality control within the Formulation Unit, reporting to the Unit Director and Assistant Director.
- The post holder will be required to manage, supervise and provide training in all aspects of pharmaceutical analysis associated with the development and manufacture for clinical trial of investigational medicinal products.
- Duties will include, method development and validation, approval of analytical specifications, quality control analysis of raw materials and finished products and approval or rejection of materials.
- The post holder will also be required to approve and monitor contract analysis, ensure that adequate records are maintained, liaise externally with Cancer Research UK national and international colleagues and contribute to the quality assurance activities associated with the Unit’s GMP status.
- Publication of research activity where possible is required, along with participation in some aspects of the wider Departmental and University functions.
How to apply:
- Applicants are required to complete an application form including the name of three referees who will be contacted before interview without further permission, unless you indicate that you would prefer otherwise.
- Applicants should also submit a Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter detailing the knowledge, skills and experience you think make you the right candidate for the job.
- Applicants should also complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
- Further information on the application process and working at Strathclyde can be found on our website (http://www.strath.ac.uk/hr/workforus).
- Informal enquiries about the post can be directed to Professor Gavin Halbert,firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Organization||University of Strathclyde|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral(Ref -318464)|
|Subject areas||Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences|
|Deadline||September 22, 2020|