The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Arizona State University invites applications for the position of Director of the Institute of Human Origins (IHO), with a concurrent full-time appointment as a tenured Full Professor in the School of Human Evolution and Social Change.
- A PhD in anthropology or other field related to human origins research; candidates in all areas of research specializations relevant to paleoanthropologist will be considered, including, but not limited to, early hominin evolution, later hominin evolution, pale ecology, functional morphology, and other allied fields.
- A scholarly record commensurate with a rank of tenured Full Professor (including scholars in non tenure-track appointments and advanced Associate Professors)
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds (e.g. faculty, students, board members, and the general public)
About the position:
- IHO is a research center in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, integrating research with discovery to describe and understand the trajectory and timing of human evolution.
- To accomplish this mission, the institute integrates anthropological, earth, and life science approaches to answer these fundamental questions.
- IHO is one of the preeminent research programs at ASU and has achieved an international reputation through the science it conducts, the public outreach that it accomplishes, and the education of undergraduate and graduate students.
- The candidate will have a record of leadership skills, develop long-term plans and strategic initiatives for the institute, facilitate cross-disciplinary interactions within and external to ASU, lead fund-raising initiatives, and interface with external donors.
- The director serves as a member of the IHO Executive Board, external to ASU, which plays a major role in funding IHO programs, in generating other external funds through development activities, and in advising ASU on IHO strategy.
How to apply:
- We are not accepting applications for this position through AcademicJobsOnline.Org right now. Please apply at http://apply.interfolio.com/78369.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Arizona State University
|Type of position
|Anthropology, human origins research, pale anthropology, pale ecology, functional morphology, evolution, life sciences