The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) Barcelona is a new research unit focusing on Tissue Biology and Disease Modelling and is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow in Bernabeu group for a duration of 2 years (Reference Number: BA00050)
Role and responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will develop and build 3D-BBB models with tubular shape and predetermined network geometry.
- The aim is to mimic vessel dimensions and flow dynamics of the brain vasculature. These models will incorporate the different cell types (primary or iPSC) that compose the BBB. You will study how the cells self-organize to recapitulate barrier function, and how the BBB function responds to different physical and biological stimuli, including malaria parasites, immune cells or clotting factors.
- Depending on candidates experience and interests, he/she will perform follow up analyses, including functional assays, advanced imaging, transcriptomics or metabolomics. You will receive ample support from lab members and collaborators regarding both experimenal and data analyses.
- Applicant must hold PhD in Vascular and Neurovascular Biology or Malaria Pathogenesis
- Experience in 3D tissue engineering, iPSC differentiation and interest in malaria
- Experience in malaria pathogenesis and interest in tissue engineering
- Experience in advanced microscopy and imaging analysis
- Experience in transcriptomics, RNAseq or single-cell RNAseq
- Experience in metabolomics
- Enjoy working in interdisciplinary teams with international collaborations, including malaria endemic countries.
|Organization||European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)|
|Subject areas||Vascular and Neurovascular Biology, Malaria Pathogenesis|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 May 2020|
- Total Jobs 38 Jobs
- Address Germany