Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security.
About the position:
- Our diverse capabilities span a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines, enabling the Laboratory to explore fundamental science challenges and to carry out the research needed to accelerate the delivery of solutions to the marketplace.
- We seek to hire an Associate Laboratory Director (ALD) for the Biological and Environmental Systems Science (BESS) Directorate.
- BESSD leads convergence research in biology, ecology, engineering, data discovery, physical sciences, and computing to advance U.S. competitiveness in the global bio economy and Earth system sustainability.
- The ALD serves as an executive member supporting the Laboratory Director in accomplishing ORNL mission. In this capacity, you will lead the science and technology programs in biological and environmental sciences with responsibilities in three integrating roles to:
- Establish a compelling vision complemented with a strategic execution plan,
- Strengthen stakeholder engagement and relationship management with major sponsors.
- Drive staff professional growth and development while creating organizational momentum that enhances our facilities and capabilities.
- Ph.D. in a technical field related to the research conducted in a large Division or Directorate, with 3–10 years of demonstrated executive management experience, including developing and leading large, complex and multidisciplinary research programs and organizations.
- Experience communicating with key stakeholders, clients, program sponsors, and internal staff and regarded as a leading expert and visionary.
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing, implementing, and executing scientific strategy with engagement from critical stakeholders.
- Experience with the DOE Office of Science is preferred, especially Biological and Environmental Research.
How to apply:
- This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
- We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size.
- Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
- If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
- ORNL is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply.
- UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer
|Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
|Type of position
|Biology, ecology, engineering, data discovery, physical sciences,