Oak Ridge National Laboratory is seeking to fill a Postdoctoral Research Position in our Chemical Process Science Research Group in the Energy and Transportation Science Division.
About the position:
- The successful applicant will conduct research in membrane/adsorbent materials synthesis and separation/purification process development for producing biomass/CO2 to bio fuels and high-value chemicals.
- The Bio processing Separations Consortium is a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team of chemical engineers, material scientists, physical chemists, electrochemists and biochemical engineers/scientists working toward advance functional materials and processes
- Research will include development of membrane and sorbent materials including but not limited to ceramic/polymeric/hollow fibber membranes/sorbents for enhanced water/ion/gas transport, highly selective organic molecule extraction processes, and adsorptions.
- for separations and catalytic conversions of biomass and derived intermediates; more information can be found at bioesep.org.
- The postdoc will be encouraged to collaborate with the consortium team as well as other ORNL researchers and actively present results at team meetings and conferences.
- D. in chemical engineering, chemistry (polymer, organic synthetic), materials science and engineering, biochemical engineering, or a closely related discipline completed within the last five years.
How to apply:
- If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
- This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
|Organization||Oak Ridge National Laboratory(OrNl)|
|Type of position||postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, engineering, biochemical engineering|