The Department of Earth Sciences in the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto invites applications for a full-time tenure stream position in the area of Near Surface Geophysics
- Applicants must have earned a PhD degree in geophysics, physics, or a related area by the time of appointment, or shortly thereafter, with a demonstrated record of excellence in research and teaching.
- The successful candidate will be expected to pursue innovative and independent research at the highest international level and to establish an outstanding, competitive, and externally funded research program.
- This research program will be expected to utilize field-based and modeling approaches to advance near-surface geophysical tools (e.g., GPR, seismic, magnetic, electrical, gravitational, and electromagnetic methods) that assist in hydrogeologic, archaeologic, forensic, and civil engineering investigations.
- Industry experience with such investigations, in addition to an academic background, is strongly preferred.
- We seek candidates whose research program and teaching interests complement existing strengths of the department and the institution in exploration geophysics and also environmental geoscience and resource exploration.
- The candidate will be expected to collaborate with researchers in other units across the University, for example including the Department of Anthropology , Department of Geography , School of the Environment , Civil Engineering , and the UofT School of Cities .
How to apply:
- All qualified candidates are invited to apply online by clicking the link below.
- Applicants must submit a cover letter;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A statement describing their research program (of no more than 5 pages);
- A sample of recent academic work (e.g., journal article, book chapter)
- A teaching dossier to include a teaching statement (of no more than 5 pages),sample course syllabi and teaching evaluations.
- Applicants must also provide the name and contact information of three references.
- The University of Toronto’s recruiting tool will automatically solicit and collect letters of reference from each once an application is submitted.
- Applicants, however, remain responsible for ensuring that references submit letters by the closing date.
- Submission guidelines can be found at http://uoft.me/how-to-apply .
- We recommend combining attached documents into one or two files in PDF/MS Word format.
- If you have any questions about this position, please contact email@example.com .
- All application materials, including reference letters, must be received by October 21, 2020.
- All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
|Organization||University of Toronto|
|Type of position||postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Geophysics, physics|