The Department of Photonics Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is inviting applications from a highly motivated postdoctoral candidate working on the synthesis of two-dimensional (2D) materials. The successful candidate will be part of a research project that seeks to understand the growth of low-dimensional materials and makes use of spectroscopic methods for the in-situ control of defects in these atomically thin layers.
About the position:
- The candidate will be part of the Thin Film Photovoltaics group led by Senior Researcher Stela Canulescu focus on kesterite solar cells and two-dimensional transition metal dichalcogenides (2D-TMDs).
- The successful candidate will be thus part of an exceptional collaborative environment consisting of scientists, postdocs and PhD students with expertise on nanomaterials, ultrafast optical spectroscopy, theoretical modelling and photovoltaics.
- Interdisciplinary challenges that will involve:
- Synthesis of 2D materials, especially transition metal dichalcogenides by novel methods based on laser ablation.
- In-situ monitoring of the growth of 2D materials using spectroscopic methods.
- Characterization of 2D materials with AFM, XPS, XRD, Raman, PL, STEM-HAADF and nanofabrication.
- Investigation of electronic and optical properties of 2D materials.
- Candidates should hold a PhD degree in Physics, Nanotechnology, Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering or other science-related discipline.
- In addition, the candidate may have experience with two or more items listed below: 2D materials synthesis, such as CVD, MBE, PLD or similar; Raman spectroscopy of 2D materials; Nanofabrication of 2D devices.
- Sound background knowledge in solid-state physics is highly desired due to the exploratory nature of the projects.
- Good communication skills in English (both written and oral) are required.
Duration: 18 months
Starting date: flexible, but preferably by May 1 2020 or earlier.
Submit online application and applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark|
|Subject areas||Physics, Nanotechnology, Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||10 May 2020|