The National Food Institute, a department at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), invites applications for a position as postdoc in the Research Group for Analytical Food Chemistry.
- The research group contributes to the development of healthy and safe foods via studies of pesticide residues using GC-MS/MS and LC-MS/MS-based detection techniques as well as high-resolution LC-MS and GC-MS detection techniques.
- Our goal is to document chemical food safety and quality, to develop solutions for future food control and to discover and mitigate risks in food production by detecting the occurrence of pesticide residues in food to elucidate the exposure of pesticides from food.
- You will be part of an experienced and dynamic team housed in new laboratories with a state-of-the-art analytical platform.
- The group has an extensive, interdisciplinary collaboration with other research groups at DTU Food and has a dynamic staff with high international visibility and many research collaborations with international partners.
Applicants shall have a PhD degree or equivalent and have solid knowledge of and experiences within analytical chemistry at low concentration level with a focus on analysis of biological materials. The preferred candidate is an ambitious team worker, has a high motivation for research excellence and good command of written and spoken English.
- Priority will be given to applicants with documented experience in and knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
- General analytical chemistry including analysis of food or biological matrices
- GC-MS/MS and/or LC-MS/MS and other analytical techniques related to determination of pesticides or contaminants at low level
- Laboratory accreditation (ISO17025 and ISO17043) and analytical quality assurance, including statistical analysis
- Systematic approach to work and planning
- International networking and collaboration skills obtained through e.g. international projects and networks
- In addition we expect that:
- You document your work in the form of scientific publications and scientific reports
- You are motivated by both personal and team accomplishments
- You thrive on collaboration and teamwork in an international environment
How to apply
Please submit your online application and Further information may be obtained from Senior adviser Mette Erecius Poulsen, email@example.com
|Organization||University of Denmark|
|Type of position||Postdoctoral|
|Subject areas||Analytical Food Chemistry|
|Deadline||August, 31, 2020|