Postdoc Position in Geoscience
The Department of Geoscience (DG), Aarhus University, Denmark, invites applicants for a faculty position at the Associate Professor level in Hydrology and Water Resources Management to begin on February 1, 2021.
- We are searching for a highly motivated scientist in the fields of hydrology and water resources management compatible with our interdisciplinary hydrogeophysical research.
- The Department of Geoscience currently employs around 110 staff including faculty, externally funded researchers, post-docs, Ph.D. students, and administrative and technical personnel.
- DG has a strong research profile spanning a broad range of geological and geophysical disciplines including Climate and Environment, Water, Energy and Natural Resources, and Deep Earth Systems.
- We have an outstanding research and teaching infrastructure including geophysical, geochemical, sedimentological and micropalaeontological laboratories, HF-laboratory, a class 100 metal-free clean-laboratory, and TCN dating facilities.
- We also have the largest pool of hydrogeophysical electromagnetic research instruments in the world.
- The department participates in numerous multidisciplinary research centers such as WATEC bridging core-disciplines within the Faculty of Natural Sciences and the Faculty of Technical Sciences.
- The Associate Professor will contribute to research and teaching in the field of hydrology and water resources management.
- The focal areas will include but not be limited to
- catchment-scale interactions between surface water and groundwater,.
- applications of hydrogeophysical data to the understanding of large-scale hydrological processes, contaminant transport and numerical modelling, and (
- providing decision-making support to water resource managers involving uncertainty considerations.
- The appointee will fulfil the following criteria:
- Hold Ph.D. in a natural science discipline
How to apply
- The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment system, which can be accessed under the job advertisement on
- Aarhus University’s website.
- Further information can be obtained from the Head of Department Professor Jan A. Piotrowski, Department of Geoscience, Høegh-Guldbergs Gade 2, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark,
- e-mail: email@example.com, phone: +45 87156409.
|Type of position||Post doctoral|
|Subject areas||Hydrology and Management|
|Deadline||October 01, 2020|