There is a vacancy for a postdoctoral research fellow within Media Studies beginning in August 2016. The position is for a period of 3 years and subject to the project “Responsible Adoption of Visual Surveillance Technologies in the News Media” (ViSmedia). The ViSmedia project is financed by the Norwegian Research Council and follows the EU framework program for Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI).
Qualifications and personal qualities:
- The applicant must hold a Norwegian PhD or an equivalent degree within media studies, journalism, law, theory of science, applied ethics, political science, or related disciplines.
- The candidate must have submitted his/her doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline; it is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded.
- The preferred candidate must be skilled in working autonomously as well as being a contributing member of an interdisciplinary research team.
- The preferred candidate should demonstrate special interest in, and experience with ethics and visual technologies in media.
- The candidate must speak Norwegian or other Nordic languages fluently, and have excellent writing skills in a Nordic language and in English.
Your application must include:
- A brief account of your research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- The names and contact information for two reference persons. One of these must be your main advisor from the PhD program.
- Project proposal.
- Transcripts and diplomas and official confirmation that the doctoral thesis has been submitted.
- Relevant certificates/references.
- List of any works of a scientific nature (publication list).
- Any publications in your name.
The application has to be marked with: 15/13503
Applications sent by e-mail will not be evaluated.
Additional information about the positions are obtainable by contacting the project leader, Professor Astrid Gynnild, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 470 28 524.
Practical questions regarding the application procedures should be directed to senior officer HR Bodil Hægland, phone +47 55 58 90 53, e-mail: email@example.com.