The Department of Signal Processing and Acoustics at Aalto University (Finland) invites applications for Postdoc position in Speech Processing. The Department is a part of School of Electrical Engineering. The main topics of our research are speech production, particularly glottal source analysis, speech parameterization, speaking style conversion, and statistical parametric speech synthesis.
About the position:
- The postdoc will join the research team to work on the team’s research themes, particularly interested in candidates with research interest in paralinguistic speech processing, especially related to human health, and in candidates with a background in machine learning based acoustic-to-acoustic conversion (e.g. voice conversion).
- Strong candidates from other areas, particularly those with background in deep learning are also encouraged to apply, but previous experience in speech technology research is a must.
Duration: max. 2.5 years
Starting date: January-May 2020
- Applicant must hold doctoral degree in Speech Technology, Computer Science, Signal Processing or other relevant area, skills for doing excellent research in a group, and outstanding research experience.
- Candidate should have a strong background in machine learning and/or signal processing and previous experience in speech research.
- Candidate is expected to perform high-quality research and assist in supervising PhD students.
How to apply
Apply by sending the following documents (in English) via email to Paavo Alku, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Transcript of academic records and references
|Subject areas||Speech Technology, Computer Science, Signal Processing|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31st December 2019|