The Department of Biology, Plant Ecophysiology at Utrecht University is inviting applications for, enthusiastic, communicative and highly motivated postdoctoral Researcher with experience in abiotic stress signaling and plant stress genomics.
About the project:
- The selected candidate will be part of a consortium of scientists and breeders working on an EU-H2020 funded project investigating multi-stress (heat, drought and waterlogging) tolerance in potato.
- Candidate’s own project will focus on investigating waterlogging resilience in potato.
- The goal will be to identify phenotypic traits and master regulators mediating potato adaptation to waterlogging stress. You will use a variety of techniques and tools developed within the consortium (phenotyping, genomics (RNAseq, ATACseq), metabolite and hormone profiling, sensor profiling (Ca2+, ROS)). You will be entrusted with developing and executing experiments, data analysis and presentation and writing manuscripts.
- Applicant must hold PhD in the area of Molecular Plant Sciences and a record of relevant publications;
- Expertise in genetic and molecular techniques;
- Strong communication and English language skills;
- Ability to think critically and creatively and you are organized and efficient.
- Previous experience working with potato (genetics, genomics);
- Experience in the area of abiotic stress signalling;
- Bioinformatics experience on microarray and/or genomics datasets.
Apply online including the following:
- Letter of motivation, clearly outlining why this position interests him/her, motivation for joining the team and what makes the applicant a suitable candidate.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least two references;
- Copy of PhD certificate, or a letter from university stating when the defence will take place.
|Subject areas||Molecular Plant Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 November 2020|