The Department of Business Law, European Law and Tax Law at University of Groningen invites applications for a postdoc researcher to study the effectiveness of regulatory frameworks and practices about Public participation in environmental and energy matters (34 months). This position is part of the Like!Me Living Lab Project focusing on effective public participation in environmental matters.
About the project:
- This project is collaboration between the Department of Business Law, European Law and Tax Law and the Environmental psychology group at the University of Groningen.
- The aim of the project Like!ME Living Lab is to study the relationship between regulatory frameworks on and people’s preferences for public participation in decision-making about various environmental matters, in particular the sustainable energy transition.
- Applicant must hold PhD degree in (European) Environmental law, Sociology (of law), or Public Administration, preferably focusing on empirical legal research in the field of environmental democracy (in particular, public participation in decision-making)
- Knowledge and skills in qualitative and/or quantitative research
- A relevant publication record demonstrating your ability to publish international academic publications, preferably in top tier peer-reviewed journals
- Experience with theory driven research with a clear eye for practical implications and a clear interest in collaborative interdisciplinary research
- The ability to communicate verbally and in written form in English and preferably Dutch.
Apply online and upload the following documents:
- A motivation letter stating motivation to apply for the position and key qualities relevant for this position.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Contact information of two academic references.
|Organization||University of Groningen|
Environmental law, Sociology (of law), Public Administration
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||3 January 2021|