The Department of Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences at University of Copenhagen invites applications for a three-year fixed-term postdoc position starting on 1 February 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
About the project:
- The research project “Social Class Mobility in Comparative Perspective: Bringing Siblings In” (SIBMOB) is hiring a postdoc who will play a crucial role in developing the project’s methodological innovations.
- These innovations revolve around developing statistical models for examining the class mobility experiences of siblings from different families.
- The team is located in a family-friendly work environment at the Department of Sociology, University of Copenhagen.
- Applicants should hold a PhD degree within the social sciences (e.g., sociology or economics), applied statistics, bio-statistics, epidemiology, or related fields. Applicants should have obtained their PhD degree in 2014 or later.
- Applicants must possess advanced skills within quantitative methods, applied statistics, or econometrics.
- Expertise in mixed generalized linear models, latent class regression models, random effects models, and/or finite mixture modeling is an advantage but not a requirement.
Apply online and must be accompanied by the following appendices:
- Cover letter detailing (a) how the scientific qualifications of the applicant meet the requirements for this position and (b) how the applicant considers contributing to the methodological innovations in SIBMOB (max 4 pages in total).
- Curriculum vitae
- A complete list of publications (including those accepted for publication).
- Best publication (or chapter from PhD dissertation) (max 30 PDF pages)
- A copy of the doctoral certificate or letter signed by the promotor that a doctoral certificate is expected in due time.
|Organization||University of Copenhagen|
Social Sciences, Sociology, Economics, Applied Statistics, Bio-statistics, Epidemiology
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||30 October 2020|