The Department of Electronics and Nanoengineering at Aalto University is inviting applications for a Postdoc position with Small Satellite and CubeSat technology expertise.
About the project:
- The successful candidate will participate in and lead space technology development projects related to CubeSat and small satellite platforms and payloads, mission feasibility studies as well as building and testing the actual flight hardware for space missions.
- The work is carried out in close collaboration with various companies and institutes in Finland and abroad.
- The postdoc will write scientific papers jointly with the other members in the group and publish actively in conferences and journals.
- This position provides excellent opportunities to extend professional network and to improve your pedagogical skills by participating in teaching and by supervising of masters and doctoral students.
- The work is carried out in the Small Satellite Group, lead by Professor Jaan Praks.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong motivation to actively participate in the research team’s activities in space technology and remote sensing projects.
- Candidate must have proven track record in scientific work and a relevant PhD degree with experience in working with CubeSat or small satellite technology.
- Candidate will have edge with the following skills: experience in space hardware development; electronics, experience in reliability engineering, knowledge of radiation hardening, and/or experience in magnetometer payloads and magnetic cleanliness.
Apply online and include the following documents in English:
- Motivation letter
- CV indicating skills and experience applicable to the position, including teaching experience
- List of publications (with the five most significant publications highlighted)
- Research statement
- References (names and contact information)
|Subject areas||Electronics and Nanoengineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||January 7, 2020|