Postdoc Research fellow Biological Chemistry
Postdoc Research fellow Biological Chemistry at the University of Stavanger in the field of Biological sciences / Chemistry (Recognised Researcher – R2)
HOURS PER WEEK: 37.5
Project: Postdoc Fellow will be affiliated with the following project “DNA Base Excision Repair Enzymes in Epigenetics, Immune Function and Cancer”.
The appointment is for two years of research duties exclusively.
The objective of the position is to strengthen research, and to give researchers/scholars holding a doctoral degree within relevant academic fields the opportunity for further qualification toward full professorship.
The research project will mainly be carried out at the university. It is assumed that the appointee will work full time on the project and that she/he will participate in the academic community. The canddiate should be prepared to short periods of stay at collaborating institutions if necessary. The project include collaboration with Stavanger University Hospital (SUS).
- PhD within the subject area. Candidates with a background in at least one of the following or related areas will be considered: biological chemistry/biochemistry, molecular biology/biomedicine, microbiology and biophysics. The PhD must be completed no later than at the date of employment
- good command of both oral and written English
Candidates with previous research in topics related to the project will be preferred.
In the assessment the following criteria will be emphasised:
- relevant Phd and publications
- submitted scientific work and the applicant’s personal skills for completing the project within the timeframe
- good teamwork, communication skills and ability to participate in research communities across organizational units.
- personal skills and motivation for the position
- varied duties in a large, exciting and socially important organisation
- salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, NOK 523.200 – 542.000 gross per year with salary development according to seniority in the position. A higher salary may be considered in special cases.
- Favourable membership terms at a gym and at the university sports club.
|Organization||University of Stavanger|
|Subject areas||Biological sciences / Chemistry|
|Fellowship amount||Varies||Eligibility||PhD in relevant subject||Deadline||05/12/2019||——————————————–|